Engineering Information Digitization with SAP
Facilities Management and Safety improved through the integration of SAP and OpenText
Quicker access to critical safety documentation
Reduction in time to find design specifications
- Customer had global operations with teams disconnected with design, maintenance, and construction information, with SAP hosted in US.
- Critical engineering drawings and maintenance records stored in different geographical locations and file shares, without governance and compliance.
- End-users tended to create one-off folder structures from one asset (drill ship or rig) to the next, constructing and finding the required documents was a time-consuming process.
- Change management processes specifically related to Maintenance not related to SAP and e-mail transactions limiting visibility to in-process changes.
- Enabled the process management of all rig-related standards and engineering content through Extended ECM for SAP.
- Established a process for migrating existing information from applications and file shares into the new standardized connected workspaces.
- Authenticated users have access to current versions of drawings, standards, procedures, etc., while also limiting access to superseded info.
- SAP Business Relationships enabled to display active or superseded information for historical reference
- Platform to be extended for integrating and surfacing SAP content via Microsoft 365 platform
Benefits & ROI
- Simplified and streamlined document control processes by standardizing document taxonomies across the global organization
- Improved user self-service capabilities around reliably searching & locating relevant operational documents
- Reduced time and cost for drill ship and rig maintenance by providing the correct versions of controlled documents in real time to the users
- Improved global compliance by automating the process for managing document versions and retention
- Contributed to safety gains by ensuring that critical documentation is readily available