Consumer Packaged Goods – Digital Innovation
Consumer Packaged Organization implements digital-enable, business transformational processes for Engineering tied to Manufacturing and Major Capital Projects
- Management of product specifications, definitions & updates such as product attributes, labels, and campaign branding.
- Delays in business approvals caused gaps in shipments from warehouses to the distributers with no tracking and audits of materials.
- No standard process or system in place to manage content tied to CAPEX initiatives nor visibility into business process, resulting in gaps in data, documentation, and deliverables in Engineering.
- Lack of operational handoff due to the above gaps.
- Business process to submit CAPEX and OPEX Procurement allocations are manual, paper-based and disconnected with no time drivers.
- Standardized and automated the product specifications process by digitizing each work step and providing auto delivery of information and content via ERP portal.
- Transparency created with analytical dynamic dashboards for end-users including C-level.
- Automation and deployment of engineering controls in sites from Bids to As-Builts, including for external vendors.
- Supply Chain Digital Enablement for all CAPEX and OPEX Budget Allocations.
- Consolidation of various sources of content & information into a single repository for all product specifications, engineering and Procurement content that is secure, searchable, and audited.
- Dynamic ERP (SAP) sync with content
Benefits & ROI
- Significant time reductions in business process durations allowed sites to deliver quicker, efficiently and in compliance which directly impacted sales and product turnover positively.
- Provided a centralized and a secure way for external parties to annotate, markup, or approve content related to various engineering projects.
- Visibility into the creation and approval process allows management to proactively identify bottlenecks and work with stakeholders on permanent improvement solutions.
- Automation of CAPEX and OPEX business processes reduced fund approval & release times up to 65% which equaled to Capital Projects efficiency.